We are very excited about our new Global Outreach special focus area—the nation of Bangladesh.
In October we sent a team (Ben, Josh, Matt, Dave, and Liz) to the country on a vision trip. They came back with some great stories, insight and ideas.
Please pray for continued guidance and discernment as we seek God's will for how our church family could serve the people of Bangladesh. Also, please pray for the following specific requests that were shared at our prayer and worship night on January 22.
Prayer Requests from Bangladesh
- Health (mental, relational, spiritual), encouragement & visa security for the workers already in country
- New work to be started specifically among college students who are more open to truth outside of cultural pressures
- Young leaders to step up within the Muslim background believing churches
- Unity within the church that exemplifies the love of God to those around them
- More Christian workers to go and shine the light of the gospel
- For the new teams to find sustainable pace and general encouragement as they adjust to new cities
- New gospel motivated professionals to consider serving in country
- Smooth retirement process for those coming off the field and their legacy of work to continue
- Muslim background believers to be supported and encouraged in their new faith and church planting
- For Gospel breakthrough with young Muslim men in the college universities
- An enduring spirit for the teams as they faithfully serve university students
- Favor from the Bengali government to approve the visa slots for current residents
Check out the info below to learn more about Bangladesh.
Virtual Trip to Bangladesh
Watch this series of ten short vlogs that show the beautiful country of Bangladesh. Witness the crazy traffic patterns in Dhaka, meet the friendly Bengali people and discover more about a country that has very few believers and desperately needs to hear the good news of Jesus. Start your journey by clicking the button below!
For more background information about the videos, click here: